Friday, May 20, 2011

Congrats Class of 2011!

This post is long overdue, but Congrats to all the VT Graduates that graduated last weekend- although the big Commencement ceremony in Lane Stadium on Friday was rained out just as the poor Commencement speaker began to give his speech, the weekend's festivities were still lots of fun! The celebrations began (typically) at the GC manor to celebrate all the GERMAN Club seniors graduating with their families and friends! I can't believe these boys are leaving- I feel happy for them and sad all at the same time, I'm losing some of my best guys and big brothers, but I know they will go on to do amazing things! I sure will miss you boys- come back and visit us often at VT!
Some of the 901 dudeskis, so proud of ya'll!
Luke's family posed for a million pictures with us (before cap and gown shots)
His siblings, Abi, Carlee, Kelsey, JED! and me and Luke :) They all were just as proud of their brother as I was! Especially Jed. He's such an amaaaaazing lil bro and we just love him so much!

Luke and his proud mommy and daddy! He really is blessed with an amazing and loving family, they are always so fun to be around. 
rocking those grad glasses and those GC stoles and bow ties. straight reppin' boys, and I couldn't be more proud! 
On saturday was the Pamplin Business School's commencement ceremony in Cassell. When we were all  getting settled into our seats waiting for the graduates to take their seats on the floor, a raging lighting storm outside caused the power in the stadium to go out! First a rained out Commencement the night before, and now- lights out in Cassell?? We joked that someone really didn't want this class to leave VT, mother nature kept getting in the way of all the ceremonies! But fortunately they got the lights back on and the rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch. We even got to hear Nathan's speech he was supposed to give on Friday, which was great as usual. I wouldn't have expected anything less from the Class of 2011 Class President. Love you Nathan! 
At the end of the weekend, I asked Luke if he felt any different as a new member of Virginia Tech Alumni. He looked at me thoughtfully and said he didn't feel much different, but he was sure he would when fall rolled around and he wasn't coming back to Blacksburg to start classes. He will be moving on to bigger, and better things- out in the real world. I'm so proud of him!

Cheers to all the Graduates of the Class of 2011! Hats off to ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment